- 3G, LTE & BEYOND
- Software radio
- Mobile operating systems
- MPLS & Ethernet
- Optical technology
- Human computer interfacing
- M2M Technology
- Cloud Computing
- Equipment setup
- Stress tests
- Cultural adoption
- Wallet: Network security, Micropayments, e-commerce.
- Health: Electronic instrumentation and sensors, e-health protocols, Patient Monitoring.
- SmartCity: LTE, Internet of things, Wireless sensors, Energy.
- Travel: Travel data miningG, Geolocation, Augmented reality.
- Content: Multimedia, apps, Artificial intelligence, Games.
- 4all: Technology for the disabled, Technology for everybody.
SOME R&D PROJECTS
- Development of an LTE demonstrator using a cluster of PCs and Universal Software Radio Peripherals.
- Development of techniques for radio resource allocation for self-organised deployment of MIMO femtocell access points.
- Signal measurement and QoS for different wireless transmission technologies in highspeed environments.
- Development of monitoring technology that classifies large traces of Internet traffic.
- Development of an ultra-low consumption M2M node.
- Deployment of optical wireless network services in industrial areas.
- Design and development of complex simulators for network optimisation.
- Design of hybrid systems for 3G-WiFi cellular coverage in rural areas.
- Development of design techniques for improving the energy efficiency of communications amplifiers for base stations and mobile devices.
- Development of applications for visualising 3D models on mobile devices with and without augmented reality.
- Creation of virtual avatars using 3D reconstruction techniques on mobile devices.
- Development of applications, algorithms and sensor networks for remote patient monitoring and biomedical signal analysis.
- Design of biometric identification systems for network security.
- Application development using Open Street Map (map design, monitoring and guiding of people, etc.).
- Development of protocols and systems aimed at optimising the traffic monitoring, management and control of fleets of vehicles (distribution of goods, regularity control for public transport, etc.) using mobile devices.
- Sparksee 5 mobile by DAMA UPC, with versions for Android, iOS and BB10, is a high performance Graph-type database engine with high data compression. It is based on technology that enables intensive use of bitmaps for basic logic operations and Big Data management in mobile devices.
Sparsity Sparksee 5 mobile can manage information in a very compact way, using the Graphs potential for analysis in mobile devices that have limited hardware resources. It also performs well in applications such as recommendation based on the management of data from social networks, security, the analysis of data from biomedical sensors, and the calculation of travel itineraries in real time.
- SportALERT by inLab FIB UPC is an application designed to monitor the movement of sportspeople using the geolocation of their mobiles. The application detects any unplanned stops and raises the alarm. If the sportsperson does not cancel the alarm, a message with his/her geolocation is sent to previously identified recipients.
SportALERT is an example of the use of the software library developed to detect incidents or anomalies in movements. This library (trackingALERT) is available to software development companies to incorporate in their applications.
- uTalk by inLab FIB UPC us a kind of corporate "whatsapp". uTalk is a multi-device tool for corporate messaging with a social thread that has been specially designed for companies or organizations that need a tool for communication between their employees and want to ensure privacy. The tool was developed with the collaboration of UPCnet.