- The research group Barcelona Fluids & Energy Lab (IFLUIDS) and the Centre for Technological Innovation in Static Converters and Drives (CITCEA) of the UPC participate in the European project H-HOPE, which is focused on the development of solutions to produce clean energy based on water sources that have still not been exploited, such as pipes and water channels.
- Combining agricultural activity and the production of solar energy by means of photovoltaic panels is the aim of SYMBIOSYST, a project promoted by a consortium of 16 European partners including the UPC. As part of this project, technological tools will be developed to contribute to generating clean energy for the agricultural sector in Europe.
- The flexibility of electrical systems is fundamental in the process of energy transition towards more sustainable energy generation models. The European Commission promotes the development of solutions that respond to the challenges of managing electricity distribution networks in the future energy system based on renewable sources. An increasingly large proportion of fluctuating electricity generators, such as wind and solar systems, makes it difficult to calculate the loads that are being supplied.
- The aim of the GENIUS project, in which the Centre for Technological Innovation in Static Converters and Drives (CITCEA) of the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya - BarcelonaTech (UPC) participates, is to develop a charge estimator for lithium-ion batteries based on a dynamic model parameterised by a neural network.
IAQ4EDU: Optimal ventilation strategies to balance indoor air quality, comfort and energy use in educational buildings
IAQ4EDU: Optimal ventilation strategies to balance indoor air quality, comfort and energy use in educational buildingsVentilation in indoor spaces has become a topic of great interest recently, especially with the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic. Recent studies report a reduction in the incidence of respiratory infections when ventilation maintains the concentration of carbon dioxide below 1000 ppm. Proper ventilation is also required to ensure the wellbeing of lecturers and students and to enhance their cognitive abilities.
- 21/12/2022Project Headerrightrightno-repeat;left top;;auto20px To achieve the energy transition, the development, penetration and permanence of renewable energy is vital, particularly photovoltaic energy. By 2050, the share of […]
- Increase the flexibility of energy demand of industrial processes to accelerate the energy transition to a more sustainable model.
A project to improve the integrated control of pests using photonic engineering is successfully completed
A project to improve the integrated control of pests using photonic engineering is successfully completedThe Automatic Hyperspectral Pest Counter, a project developed by the Sensors, Instrumentation and Systems Development Center (CD6) of the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC), has been completed successfully.