- The UPC Department of Computer Architecture coordinates the European project Vitamin-V, in which a complete set of hardware-software is developed for cloud services, based on the latest open-source technologies for RISC-V processors.
MobilitApp: Deep learning to predict the transport mode used by citizens and protect their data securely
MobilitApp: Deep learning to predict the transport mode used by citizens and protect their data securelyMobilitApp is an application capable of predicting the mode of transport used by citizens using a deep learning tool based on three mobile phone sensors.
- The aim of the Muvity project in which the Multimedia Applications and ICTs Laboratory (LAM) of the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya - BarcelonaTech (UPC) participates, is to develop a gamified physical telerehabilitation application for people with chronic injuries. The user carries out exercises and plays games designed with therapists that lead them to move their arms and legs and thus achieve the established goals.
- Researchers from the Advanced Broadband Communications Centre (CCABA) and the Optical Communications Group (GCO) of the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya - BarcelonaTech (UPC) participate in the B5G-OPEN (Beyond 5G – OPtical nEtwork coNtinuum) project. This project is funded by the European Union, in the framework of which a new end-to-end integrated packet-optical transport architecture based on multiband optical transmission and switching networks is being designed and prototyped.
- The research group Computer Networks and Distributed Systems (CNDS) of the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya - BarcelonaTech (UPC) is working on LoRaMesher. The main objective of this project is to design a data routing protocol that enables the interconnection of IoT devices on LoRa wireless communication technology. IoT devices connected by LoRa construct a mesh, so that they can communicate between each other through the nodes of the network, as occurs on the Internet.
Collaborative positioning techniques: integration into network optimisation systems and application to IoT environments
Collaborative positioning techniques: integration into network optimisation systems and application to IoT environmentsTo address the need to optimize the resources available in wireless networks TELCO4IOT project has emerged, led by the Research Group on Cellular Communications Networks (GRXCA) of the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC).
RODIN: Robust methods for statistical inference, data integrity and interference management in 5G communication networks and applications
RODIN: Robust methods for statistical inference, data integrity and interference management in 5G communication networks and applicationsThe RODIN project, in which the Signal Processing and Communications Group (SPCOM) of the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC) participates, seeks to solve two major challenges that hinder the communication and processing of large volumes of data.
- The Architectures and Compilers (ARCO) research group is working on the CoCoUnit project to design new architectures for computing systems that are energy efficient, particularly for applications that make intensive use of cognitive functionalities, such as voice recognition, automatic translation, speech synthesis, image classification or object recognition.
- 30/09/2021Project Headerrightno-repeat;left top;;auto20px The UPC Power Electronics Research Centre (PERC UPC) is participating in the international project High-pErformance moduLar battery packs for sustaInable urban electrOmobility Services […]